A Big Skincare & Beauty Haul

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Brown Thomas Beauty Haul
Taking it back with an old fashioned beauty haul on LLA today.  It’s been awhile hasn’t it?  Why oh why does everything run out at once?  Four of the products I picked up are repurchases and two new (to me) additions:

The first product I purchased is La Mer The Lip Balm.  I shudder to think how many times I’ve repurchased this.  This is HG, a stash staple for me.  I use this, By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm and Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm on rotation.  You can read the full luxe lip balm line up here.  This smells, minty fresh, good enough to eat.  The packaging is chic and aesthetically pleasing too.  It feels super lightweight to wear as it doesn’t have a thick, rich balm consistency but is incredibly nourishing and hydrating soothing even the most Winter worn dry, chapped lips effortlessly.  It leaves lips feeling intensely moisturised and soft, unlike other lip balms that seem to just sit on the lips.  La Mer The Lip Balm makes a good base for lipstick too.  I always apply this first if I’m wearing a matte lip.

If you've read past posts like this one calling for SOS skincare you'll know that I can suffer from sensitivity and redness on my cheeks so to keep that at bay and under control I use the Darphin Intral Toner.  This toner provides hydration and I find that this coupled with the Intral Serum keeps things looking and feeling calm and soothed.  The comforting skincare equivalent of cashmere.

I wanted to switch up my go-to Spring scent and bought the LauraMercier Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille fragrance.  Probably not the most seasonal but I am utterly obsessed with this.  A sweet but not overly so, rich vanilla based scent.  You can read my full review here.  I love the packaging.  Too pretty to be hidden away in a drawer.

Lastly I bought two things from Sunday Riley Skincare.  Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser and SundayRiley Good Genes Serum.  I use my beloved Oskia Renaissance Cleanser morning and night but wanted to repurchase the Ceramic Slip Cleanser for when my skin errs more on the oily side.  These leaves my skin feeling clean without stripping it of moisture.  I love this for a deep clean feeling but think it would work best with combination/oily skin types.  I also picked up a new Good Genes Serum.  I think this may be my third one of these eek!  I love it though!  Part placebo effect I worry but bad things happen when I run out of this.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations