Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag Review

Monday, 13 February 2017

Gucci Soho Disco Bag Review
Meet my new love (and the reason for my current toast heavy diet!)  the Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag.  This has been on my wish list for the longest time.  While I can justify almost any skincare/makeup purchase, I tell myself you only get one face!  Or wait, did Carline Hirons tell us that...?!  I don't buy expensive clothes/accessories that often, they are definitely a splurge for me!  For example my YSL Shopper Tote has been my go-to, work bag since I bought it and cost per wear has more than paid for itself.  It's starting to look a bit worn now so you see, I needed ahem a new bag.  Couldn't have gone to Zara no...

I actually own a the Gucci Double G Interlocking Belt, yes that belt.  (You can find a full review of that here if you're interested.)  I don't actually wear the belt often enough!  I hold my hand up, can YOU/EWE say sheep? *see what I did there, geddit?  Sorry...*  But yeah, bandwagon!  Anyway, since I bought it, I get the promotional emails from Gucci.  Like they have me ALL wrong, I'll never be a loyal customer, there's no Dionysus in my future!  Although the Princetown loafers...  Back to the bag,  I heard a rumour that it is being discontinued (I don't think that's true) but just in case I thought it's now or never so I bit the bullet and made the purchase...

This is such a great little bag.  I really wanted a cross body bag,  Quite frankly, I'm tired of carrying bags in the crook of my arm.  You can adjust the strap and if necessary, if you bring it back to store they can punch extra holes in it.  I LOVE the tassle and the "GG" embossing/logo is quite subdued.  It's fabric lined with two interior pockets.  After using bags with clasp closures etc. I like having one that zips fully and securely.  I don't know what sorcery is going on here but you can fit so much in this bag.  It fits a deceptively large amount.  My Mary Poppins-esque ways can continue!  Someone pass me the kitchen sink!  I played it safe (boring) and went for black.  Although the rose beige is a thing of beauty.  I like that it has textured, grained leather as it means I'm not too precious with it. 

It was €790 eek but I know I will use this forever.  Honestly, just try and prise it from my cold dead hands.  I was tempted to order from Net a Porter but the concession in Brown Thomas Dublin had new stock of the Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag so I bought it in store.  Gotta earn those loyalty points!

1 comments :

  1. Love the Disco and buying the Champagne colour was a big mistake... I should've bought black like you Michelle... very wise -awesome bag xx well wear siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations