Winter Beauty: Hand Care

Monday, 5 December 2016


This time of year can equal weather worn, dry and chapped hands, dehydrated nail beds and ragged cuticles.  Nail and hand neglect is not part of the festive look I had in mind!  And so, these are my current favourites for Winter hand and nail care.

La Mer The Hand Treatment this hand cream smells divine and the scent lingers long after the velvety, balm like cream has been absorbed.  Which it does without leaving a trace of residue behind. Luxury without compromising on efficacy.  It feels instantly nourishing upon application.  I slather on a generous amount before bed and wake to soothed, soft, hydrated hands.  

Richly infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E, the CND Solar Oil Nail and Cuticle Conditioner softens and hydrates dry cuticles and works to strengthen nails.

A manicurist recommended a glass nail file as they can be used to file back and forth.  As there is not friction, they don't damage your nails in the way traditional emery boards do.  The Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File makes it simple to file and give shape to my nails.

For a classic, polished manicure, you cannot beat a nude nail.  See more of my old favourites in this post.  CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in Field Fox is a new love, one I've been a loving for weeks now.  It renders the need for a separate base coat and lives up to its name!  7 days before any signs of tip wear!  With this, I pair the CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat which gives any manicure an almost glass like glossy sheen.

My go-to products vital for maintaining the condition of hands and nails over the festive period!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations