Barely There Blush

Wednesday, 23 November 2016

MAC Veluxe Brow Liner Redhead
With Winter looming, I wanted to step away from the makeup and shades I reached for during the Summer months and update my makeup bag with something more seasonal.  Off I skipped to the NARS counter to buy the blush in the shade Douceur, only to be told that it has been discontinued!? See? Example 2,354 of you only regret the things you didn't buy! What was I wearing while everyone raved about this?  Anyway, I went to seek comfort and something similar in MAC and bought MAC Powder Blush in Mocha.

Called Mocha which from the name I expected to be more brown toned but this is as MAC describe a soft plum.  It pulls a delicate dusky pink/plum on me.  If you're wary of sporting overly rosey cheeks this is the blush for you.  Effortless to apply it imparts a natural, healthy, fresh faced look.  This perfectly enhances my pale complexion.  One I imagine would be flattering to most skintones.  I have oily prone skin but this wears well, retaining its pigmented colour throughout the day.  As it's a matte finish, it doesn't emphasis any flaws.  

While at the counter, I also picked up the MAC Veluxe Brow Liner in Redhead.  A medium brown shade.  This soft powder pencil, is not too warm or ashy.  Fill, define, shape - this is foolproof and effortless!  The soft powder means it imparts a more natural finish.  The Anastasia Brow Wiz in Auburn is a better colour match for me but I have run out and have yet to reorder so this will work in the meantime. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations