NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama

Thursday, 29 September 2016

NARS Velvet Lip Pencil in Bahama Review, Photos & Swatches
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama is my latest obsession.  Seriously it is EVERYTHING!  I remember hearing Lily Pebbles mention it and then Anna wore it in a recent video and well it was cemented, I simply had to purchase it.  The original, ultimate enablers! No?  I bought it last Tuesday (it was a very Monday-esque Tuesday!) and I've worn it daily since.

I own quite a few of these now, see some more of my collection in my NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Review.  I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed...  Despite the name, these are not overly matte, with a slightly creamier satin texture, resulting in a velvet finish.  Unlike most matte lip products, they don't emphasise dryness.   No clinging to dry patches, feathering or bleeding.  As the formula is enriched with Vitamin E, they  glide on smoothly and effortlessly.  The shade Bahama is no exception and is very comfortable to wear.  Longevity is impeccable too.  Richly pigmented, you only need one coat.  It saturates the lips in colour with one swipe.  Lip liner is rendered unnecessary thanks to the crayon form, which also means it isn't a faff should you wish* to reapply.  (*Wish, not need.  This withstood drinking coffee and eating a very delicious sticky Cinnamon Swirl!  That I totally only consumed for testing purposes...)
The shade itself is a beautiful dusky rose shade with a hint of brown toned mauve.  I've really been enjoying wearing these more neutral mauve shades.  Bahama has been my go to lipstick shade since I purchased it.

Oh NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama, let me count the ways I love you.  Available from Space NK now.  A beautiful shade and I adore the formula of these, opaque, long lasting and a joy to wear. NARS do lip products perfectly!

1 comments :

  1. This colour is so amazing! Ahhh, I want to go and get it so much now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations