New In My Makeup Bag from Chanel

Friday, 6 May 2016

Chanel Makeup Haul
Recently I found myself at the Chanel cosmetics counter.  I was intrigued by the newly reformulated nail polishes and wanted to try one.  I bought the nail polish and two other products.  Of course I did. Oops. Sorry, not sorry.  Here's what I picked up.

Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in #506 Camélia.  I know, I'm as shocked as you are but I went for the pink over the neutrals.  I may just may have to accept that I only possibly every greige/beige/taupe/nude there is!  Camélia, is a deep rich peony pink that will be perfect during the Summer.  A cream formula, this has an intense pigment.  Opaque in one coat but I always apply two for a rich glossy finish.  This applies with ease, gliding on smoothly.

The formula remains the same 5-free, without an nasty ingredients.  The packaging has changed slightly with the shade name appearing on the back of the bottle.  I was a fan of the original thin brush as it allowed for precise application but it is now slightly wider at the end.  Thankfully, I found no issue with the application.  I've always had good experiences with the formula of Chanel polishes (as this ridiculous collection can attest to!)but these new editions have improved its longevity.  I didn't buy the new Le Gel Coat top coat (on this occasion) but I've be interested to see how it makes my manicure last.

I also bought one of the new lipstick formulas, Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo.  Described as having "the intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a lipgloss and comfort of a lip balm."  These are very creamy so comfortable to wear and hydrating.  Slightly more colour pay off than the Rouge Coco Shines.  There is a slight shimmer in the tube but it is very subtle on the lips.  I went for the shade #202 Conte.  I know, another pink!  This is a baby pink with golden shimmer.  I really love these and want to buy the dusty rose shade #216 Lettre next.  They are so glossy that colour does fade and transfer but the slim twist up tube means they are so easy to reapply.

Lastly, I bought the Chanel Les Beiges Retractable Kabuki Brush.  I didn't need this.  But come on, if this is not a thing of beauty then I don't know what is.  It's super dense, silky and insanely soft. Did I mention it looks beautiful in my makeup bag?  Full review coming when I've used this with different products.  For the first few days, I just stared at it adoringly...

1 comments :

  1. I love the colour of the nail polish!
    It would be such a perfect colour for summer!

    Laura
    http://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations