What I Wore - Wedding Guest Edition

Saturday, 9 April 2016

OOTN Wedding Guest feat. Ted Baker Dress
As I work in a corporate environment, my colleagues would totally not get the whole blogging thing and so I try to blog anonymously so unfortunately, I've no proper outfit pictures but I thought I'd share this post on a gorgeous dress that I wore to a friend's wedding recently.  

This is the Ted Baker Lyxa Cut Out Midi Dress I'm not normally one for wearing dresses except for occasions and events typically wearing, jeans heels and a top on nights out!  And so, when it comes to more formal or black tie occasions I panic but I love this dress!  I also comes in the most gorgeous fuchsia/hot pink colour too that would look amazing in the Summer with a tan and nude shoes/bag but I (played it safe) went for black!  My go to shade!  It's chic no?  This dress was so comfortable and flattering to wear.  With the mid length and flared full skirt it is perfect for smart events but the cut out at the sides/back makes it a little more special.  The material is actually polyester which I'm not normally a fan of but it looks like it could be satin with its subtle sheen.  Also, I hate exposed zips especially on more expensive pieces but the zip on this is rose gold so I'll make an exception...

Me being me, it was an all black ensemble with my black Whistles clutch and black strappy court shoes from Dune paired with dainty gold jewellery.  Loose waves in my hair and make up using Tom Ford Disco Dust Eye Shadow Palette completed my look.

I can't wait to wear this outfit again!  Too much for the office?

1 comments :

  1. Michelle it's really beautiful, I love the chic cut away details xx Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations