Beauty Sleep

Thursday, 25 February 2016

Tips to a good night's sleep
I'm no stranger to nights with broken sleep and while some of my best purchases have been the result of a little late night shopping (counting sheep is so 2015!) I know that interrupted sleep can have an impact on overall health and appearance so today's post is on my top tips to slumber.

A long hot shower or bath with Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts.  I won't bore you again as I've raved about these countless times before.  One of my all time favourite discoveries.  I don't know what kind of sorcery they have going on but these salts guarantee a good night's sleep.

Freshly washed pjs and bed sheets - I mean, come on, is there a better feeling than this?  I'm still loving my White Company Grey Star Print PJs!  I think also the ritual of applying lip balm and massaging in hand cream, signals that it's time to relax and wind down.

A warm drink.  As I try to avoid dairy I opt for Whittard's Dreamtime Tea but you could have hot milk with some honey.

I'm sure it is at least in part, placebo effect but This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray spritzed generously over my pillow helps me slumber sooner.  In the morning after a restful sleep, while I'm not exactly cartwheeling out of the bed, This Works Energy Bank Breathe In and Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Rollerball make it a little easier.  (Well they along with the prospect of coffee...)

Switching off.  I've been trying to do this, literally and you know, read a book before bed. Instead of reading the entire internet, like I usually do!  Or watching The Walking Dead. Nothing like a zombie apocalypse to unwind...

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations