Spring Essentials

Monday, 22 February 2016

Spring Essentials feat. MAC Cosmetics, Celine, Smith & Cult and Laura Mercier

While I'm not quite ready to pack away my cashmere bed socks and to curb my hot chocolate drinking, I'll happily admit that the first signs of Spring with its brighter evenings, have me looking forward to the season ahead and loving the perfect Winter - Spring transition pieces.

To prep my skin for upping hydration levels and wearing lighter bases, I've been skipping powder and choosing a glow giving over a mattifying primer.  I had some samples of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Radiance in my stash and have been loving it.  I'm definitely going to pick up the full sized version.  The perfect anecdote for dull Winter skin.

I've swapped dark vampy berry and burgundy nails for something a little lighter.  I've been lacquering up with Smith & Cult Stockholm Syndrome.  I'm still smitten with this brand.  I own three colours now and can't wait to try more.  This is a gorgeous opaque, elephant grey.

After hearing Lily from Lily Pebbles extoll the virtues of this shade, I finally bought MAC Mehr Lipstick.  Another MLBB contender.  Although a matte finish, this isn't drying in the slightest.  On me, this pulls a dark, dusty rose shade.

Lastly I've been enjoying the sunshine if brief, as it means I can wear sunglasses again!  I picked up these Céline Lucy Sunglasses late last year and given the dismal Irish weather, I don't get enough opportunities to wear them.

Non beauty but I'm loving the return of The Walking Dead.  I know, I'm supposed to be talking about Spring essentials but I'm not ready to give up cosy evenings at home just yet!  

4 comments :

  1. Wow, those Celine sunglasses are beautiful! I have been curious about Celine sunglasses and yours just make my curiosity even bigger. I need to research on all the shapes that they have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Mac shade, so beautiful. Is been really living arching the walking dead lately it's such a great series!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh loving the Lucy glasses! I need a pair of Céline shades in my life X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations