Space NK Haul

Friday, 8 January 2016

High End Beauty Haul feat. Serge Lutens, Darphin, Kiehl's & Oribe
Today's post is a little beauty haul.  Clearly, I'm doing January all wrong.  Everyone else has made resolutions, are on a spending ban, are being a little healthier and me? Well, we've just had Saba takeout for dinner and this morning, I found myself no, not in the gym but in House of Fraser's beauty hall and doing some damage in the Space NK concession in Harvey Nichols.  Oops.  Here's what I bought;

Everything I bought today is a repurchase.  It's just not as exciting is it when you're buying things things that need restocking.  I want to try new things!  Why does everything run out at once?  The first things I picked up are the Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner. You'll know from previous posts that all of my hair care products are by Oribe.  My hair and I just love this brand.  Everything just feels like it was made specifically for my thick hair.  I've had this duo before but at €57 a piece, I couldn't justify repurchasing until now.  Expensive I know but they last for ages and have transformed my coloured, naturally coarse, frizz prone hair.  My hair is shiny and softer so definitely worth the splurge.

Darphin Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum is a much loved product as seen in this post.  While my skin is on the oily side, I feel like the skin on my cheeks can be a little sensitive, prone to redness and dryness.  This lightweight serum, leaves it looking and feeling calm and less irritated.  This is absorbed easily into the skin and now I always make sure I have a back up.

As far as resolutions go, I need to be more diligent with wearing SPF.  I've gotten lazy and have relied on SPF in my foundation.  So I picked up a new tube of my all time favourite, Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50.  Utterly shine/residue free, this sinks into the skin with ease. There is no white cast or chalky texture.  Broad spectrum SPF 50 and it doesn't break me out.  HG for me.

Lastly, I bought a new bottle of Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille.  I only discovered this last year but I absolutely adore this scent.  A modern twist on a vanilla fragrance that will not lead to the onset of a migraine!  Warm but not too sweet or sickly.  This lasts all day on me. The scent lingers noticeably without being overwhelming.  

2 comments :

  1. Okay I really need to try out that shampoo and conditioner... Your hair texture sounds the exact same as mine!

    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the pricing for the Darphin serum? If I have even a slight blemish, a red patch explodes all around it and looking for something to calm those areas down- TIA :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations