What LLA Loved 2015

Saturday, 2 January 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites
For today's post I've compiled a list of the brands and products most used and loved throughout 2015. There are no surprises here, long time LLA readers will undoubtedly recognise these much loved and forever repurchased products from posts throughout the year.

Oribe Apres Beach Wave & Shine Spray featured in this post, has been a absolute god send since I decided to get my hair cut short.  This achieves that effortless, undone, tousled effect while still leaving my hair looking groomed and polished.  The formula is wonderfully lightweight meaning no tackiness, build up or residue.  The distinctly Oribe fragrance is incredible.  I employ this fine mist to restore life to limp locks.
 
Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator is vital to maintaining smooth, soft limbs. I use a body scrub to ensure a flawless self tan application and prior to shaving my legs to achieve an even clean shave. This exfoliator gently yet efficiently sloughs away dead skin cells revitalising dull Winter skin, rendered dry and flaky.

For nails, I've loved lacquering up with a fresh, clean looking Winter white and Nails Inc. White Horse Street has been a go-to.  A subtle and very pretty hue. Universally flattering, the hint of colour means that it is very wearable and doesn't look too harsh, so no Tippex nails!  As it's cool toned, it's world away from the pastel shades so works well for Winter.  

Crème de la Mer The Moisturising Gel Cream was purchased this year after originally receiving a sample of it.  Not only does this add an abundance of hydration.  The texture is a revelation too, its light gel formula means that it primes skin perfectly for makeup application and it doesn't aggravate my oily prone skin.  The result is a healthy, glowing, brightened complexion.

While I certainly have products in my arsenal to emulate a well rested glow, nothing beats actual beauty sleep.  To help me slumber soundly, I rely on This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray.  With notes of frankincense, eucalyptus and lavender, the relaxing aroma eases any stress or tension and lulls me into a deep sleep.  

Biologique Recherché Masque Vip 02 is a hydrating and revitalising mask that I reach for when my skin needs a pick me up and something with a little more oompf!  I use this when I think things are looking a bit dull and in need of some TLC.  This ramps up hydration levels and leaves my skin simultaneously soothed and comforted.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion is a gorgeous pretty peach shade, with an ever so slight golden sheen.  It is neither too shimmery or sparkly.  It is so finely milled, that it blends seamlessly over the cheeks this gives a beautiful radiant, result. 

The last product with a permanent home in my stash of staples and in my heart.  
is the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Spiced Rose.  I see this having a long tenure as my go to MLBB shade.  A warm, rose toned neutral shade.  Definitely one for everyday wear and a suits all option.

2 comments :

  1. I'm a recent convert to the This Works Sleep Spray and I'm astounded how it really does work. Must have!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try that Clinique body exfoliator & that LM lipstick is on my wishlist! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations