New On My Nails

Friday, 11 December 2015

Tom Ford Black Out
So, it would appear that I've been on a bit of a nail polish buying binge recently.  So today I thought I would write a post with a round up of recent nail polish purchases.  A mini nail polish haul, if you will.

First up is Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in #757 Rose Fusion.  Part of the Rouge Noir Collection. With Rouge Noir being one of my top three Chanel nail polish shades, I couldn't not buy something from that collection.  (Frenzy and Holiday are the other two if you were wondering!)  Difficult to describe, with fine iridescent shimmer, a warm metallic hue.  One me at least, it is like a rose toned version of Chanel's Graphite.  Limited edition, it's a unique shade.  My idea of festive, without doing full on glitter.

Next is one from their Noir Colour Collection, Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Black Out.  A flattering creamy black with subtle silver shimmers.  The silver adds dimension and makes it a more wearable colour.  It has a lovely formula that's nicely opaque in two coats and lasts a good few days before showing signs of wear at the tips.

Lastly a new to me brand but one that has me drooling over their shades and the packaging, is Smith & Cult in Doe My Dear.  Like I needed another taupe/greige/beige neutral nail polish!  Doe My Dear is a gorgeous more cool toned version on my beloved Nails Inc. Porchester Square.  The formula is good.  It applies smooth and evenly, with no visible brush strokes.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations