Notes on Nails

Monday, 2 November 2015

Nail Care Routine
Long time readers of LLA will know that when it comes to nail colours, I'm just too emotionally invested in a neutral nail.  Greige/beige/taupe shades hold a special place in my heart and I love nothing more than a clean, classic nude hued nail.  So you're familiar with my go-to shades as I'm vary rarely without polish on my nails but when I'm not lacquering up with Chanel Frenzy et. al, today's post is on some of my favourite nail care products.

Hand cream is something I often neglected as my hands don't tend to get overly dry but as they are one of the first places to show signs of ageing, I've upped my hand cream application game!  I've been loving La Mer The Hand Treatment.  I like that this is more than just a softening hand cream and actually works towards protected and treating the delicate skin on your hands.  Like all La Mer body products, this smells divine.  I adore the scent of this.  I pat this in for optimal absorption and it heals the driest of hands.  It's incredibly nourishing. I slather a more generous amount on each night and come morning, skin feels like velvet.

To file my nails, as one me, I personally don't like super long nails, I use the Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File.  Quick and unlike emery boards, there is no friction so good if your nails are soft or prone to splitting.

My current base coat of choice is Essie Fill The Gap.  My nail polish lasts longer when I apply this first.  Also, this acts as a barrier between my nails and the colour I paint on, to prevent any staining.  Essie Let it Shine is the top coat I've been reaching for.  It has a thicker, almost gel-like consistency which means that my mani lasts longer without signs of tip wear or chipping.  As the name suggests, this dries quickly to a high (mega) shine finish.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations