Treat Yo' Self - Tom Ford Edition

Friday, 6 November 2015

Tom Ford Nail Lacquer 01 Blackout
Just last weekend before Halloween, while my nieces and nephews were getting ready to go Treat or Treating, I picked up some new treats of my own, from Tom Ford.  Who needs chocolate and sweets? You'll know from posts like this one that I adore all things Tom Ford beauty, so these are my kinda treats...

The first thing I bought was a repurchase of my signature scent.  Tom Ford Velvet Orchid Eau de Parfum.  Long time LLA readers will know that for years, I've worn Velvet Orchid.  It was love at first spritz.  I've adored it since it's launch and wear it daily, keeping the original Black Orchid for night time.  I can't describe it other than being distinctly Tom Ford.  A warm heady scent, it is musky without being too heavy. (Or migraine inducing!) I'd urge you to check this out the next time you are near a counter, if you like warm, rich scents. To my untrained nose, it is very similar to Black Orchid but this is its more day time appropriate sister. Whereas Black Orchid is more woody, this to me, is slightly more floral.  I adore this, it was love at first, spritz.  Longevity is impressive too, I apply this in the morning and the scent lingers all day.  I love the gorgeous purple art deco bottle.  I receive compliments whenever I wear this.  Not the cheapest, I know but it is Tom Ford and besides, can you really put a price on smelling this good?

Part of the Holiday 2015 Noir Collection, I bought the Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in 01 Blackout.  A stunning metallic black with shimmer.  At first glance, the subtle yet visible shimmer appears to be just silver but it pulls different tones depending on the light.  True black shades typically look to harsh on my pale skin so I love the deep grey black of this and the extra dimension that the shimmer gives to this.  It is opaque with one coat but I prefer two.  This applies smooth and evenly and dries down to a high shine finish.  It wears well. I'm currently on day four with no signs of tip wear so lasting power is not an issue.

2 comments :

  1. Okay I NEED Velvet Orchird - how have I not spritzed this before?! What the hell. I'm all for musky, warm scents. Sounds amaze!


    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely, I've never tried anything Tom Ford, the nail colour is beautiful

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations