Obsessed with in October

Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Beauty Favourites from October
You know the drill, I don't always do monthly favourite posts.  There's only so many times I can harp on about my love for Biologique Recherche products!  But I thought that today I'd round up some old skincare, beauty and non beauty favourites that I was obsessed with in October.

Bioderma Sébium H2O Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution the original and dare I say it the best? This alcohol and fragrance free micellar water solution doesn't aggravate my skin and removes even heavy duty make up and water proof mascara effortlessly.  It feels cooling on my skin.  I use this every evening to remove my makeup before I reach for a cleanser.  No more begging/bribing family to bring this home from France with several pharmacies now stocking it here in Ireland, availability is no longer an issue.

For special occasions or nights out, when longevity is key I use Estée Lauder Double Wear.  I wear the shade Cool Bone.  Full coverage while still providing a skin like finish with even more impressive lasting power.  Even after several hours in a sweaty club, this will still be in place.  One for those of us with skin on the oilier side as otherwise this could feel too drying and could look cake-y as it is matte.  I wish it came with a pump. 

A Winter staple, not just during October is lip balm.  I've recently rediscovered Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Hydrating Lip Balm #10.  This is a great every day lip balm.  One for throwing into the handbag.  The stick from is more hygienic and convenient for reapplying on the go.  What I love about this is that unlike others, it doesn't feel like it's just sitting on top of my lips. It really feels like it's absorbed and working deep down to nourish, hydrate, soften and smooth.

The minute Autumn rolls round, out come the dark polishes.  It's the easiest way to acknowledge the seasonal change along with the products raved about in this recent blog post.  Bring on all the berry, burgundy and burnished tones. Essie Sole Mate is a old favourite.  There's just something special about this rich wine shade.  A classic for sure.

Saving my peepers during the last month (and the months before!) has been Zelens Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream.  I love the velvety texture of this.  It is like a cream/gel hybrid and feels luxurious to apply.  It reduces puffiness and you can feel it tightening in just one use.  As it is a thicker cream, I have been using this just at night and in a few months, the skin around my eyes looks more luminous and bright.  My late night binge watching of The Walking Dead can be our little secret.

I can't pen a favourites post and not mention a candle.  I love them year around but for me, having candles burning is an Autumn/Winter essential.  I've still loving the fresh yet woody scent of Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt candle.  It makes me thing of bundling up in cosy layers, putting on my Hunter wellies and going for a long walk along the sea front.  Even if in reality, I'm at home on the couch with blankets, a mug of hot chocolate and Netflix!

3 comments :

  1. I tried a sample of that Zelens eye cream recently & was very impressed. I have 3 eye creams on the go at the moment, but this is firmly on my list for when they are finished! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try a Jo Malone candle, I sniff them everytime I go into a Jo Malone shop but I just always forget to burn my candles.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wood Sage and Sea Salt is easily my all time favourite scent - Nothing remotely compares. Love it so much - I have literally everything available in the fragrance!


    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations