Topshop & River Island Haul

Monday, 5 October 2015

Topshop and River Island Clothes Haul
So you know when you are the type of person who is always super early for everything and have some time to kill?  Well, the inevitable happened.  I went shopping.  I know, story of my life!  But I really needed to start thinking of Autumn/Winter, colder weather appropriate clothes so here's what I picked up...

First up is this long cardigan from Topshop.  I saw this a few weeks ago in store at was tempted to buy it then but was like "No Michelle, it's only the start of September, you don't need to be buying knitwear yet!" Yes, really, these are the kind of arguments I have in my head... So I then stalked it on line for awhile until I saw it on Helen's Instagram and ordered it ooh mere moments later!  Finally, it's mine! If this is not a thing of knitwear beauty, then I don't know what is.  Over sized, long line, soft, striped, neutral toned perfection.  I ordered a size 12 as I wanted it to be slouchy but I could have gone with the 10.  Perhaps size down if you are thinking of picking this up.  I was worried that it might shed?! and leave fluff all over my clothes but I'm happy to report that my black jeans remain black.

Another blogger/vlogger enabled inspired purchase is this sleeveless, slouchy roll neck top from River Island which I spotted in one of Tijan's videos.  Again, another neutral addition.  What can I say these earthy tones scream Autumn to me and hold a special place in my heart.  This is a really fine, lightweight knit and I adore the over sized roll neck.  I've worn this at night time out to dinner and drinks and love it paired with a leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and heels.

Lastly, another Topshop purchase because I needed more stripes*.  I have a wardrobe, drawers and shelves full of admittedly mostly COS striped tops.  I absolutely do not need any more stripes.  They're my weakness.  Oops.  But it's a classic, timeless black and white striped top.  The material is super soft, it's incredibly comfortable to wear.  A throw on, go with everything top that I've been wearing at the weekend with my trusty white Converse and blue skinny jeans.

I can't begin to describe how happy shopping for A/W clothes makes me!  Autumn/Winter are without a doubt my favourite seasons.  Now, I need to start thinking of boots and try to forget the Chloe ones I cannot justify...

2 comments :

  1. Lovely haul, I really can't wait to get some new autumnal clothes especailly after seeing this :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just binging your blog here! 😂
    Also obsessed with Tijan - if only I could be that skinny #someday!

    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations