Face Favourites

Monday, 12 October 2015

setting powders to take down shineLong time LLA readers will know how much I really wish I could embrace a full on, glowy finish.  I'm so envious of those girls that can pull off a dewy look but as my skin can be on the oily side and is prone to shine, I'll always need powder in my make up routine.  Today's post is a look back through the LLA Loves archives on three of my favourite perfecting powders:


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light this shade is a soft warm pale yellow. This complexion correcting powder has such a finely milled formula that it never looks heavy. Highlighting in all the right places without looking shimmery.  I sweep a light dusting of this sheer glow giving powder all over my face with my MAC 150 brush and it takes down redness, shine and sets my foundation while providing a subtle flawless finish.

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder I shudder to think how many times I've repurchased this and don't know what I did without it.  Initially I didn't think it would work with my oily skin but somehow it does!  It applies colour less, so no white cast.  When I wear this, my skin feels smooth and this controls oil like no other.  I use this in the morning to set my make up, it gives a natural finish, almost blurring blemishes and it lasts literally ALL day.  

MAC Blot Powder in Light is much loved and one I reach for during warmer weather when I need heavy duty oil control or when I'm wearing a glow giving base with more slip.  It keeps my make up looking matte and oil free while managing to still look natural and add radiance.  It is almost invisible on the skin and most importantly never looks dry.  

2 comments :

  1. I don't own ANY of these! *stamps feet* *goes shopping*

    Emma | www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not used any of these before! The MAC one sounds perfect for my oily skin.

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations