Four Favourites: Foundation

Thursday, 15 October 2015

Foundation Favourites for Oily Skin
You may have seen from a recent Instagram post that I ended up in the Brown Thomas Beauty Hall (story of my life) and I bought a new foundation.  I've really been enjoying mixing up my bases recently.  These four are my current favourites that I've been wearing in rotation...

Crème de la Mer The Reparative Skin Tint SPF 30 was a match made in Summer skin heaven and a makeup bag staple during the warmer months.   La Mer skincare benefits, SPF protection and lightweight, buildable coverage.  Once applied you can hardly feel this as it so super light weight on the skin.  Evening out my skin tone and covering any redness or minor blemishes. 

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation in #4.  A matte base with buildable fuller coverage. While not as dewy as the Luminous Silk version, it still offers a natural, skin like finish.  It makes me want to give Luminous Silk another shot, after all I'm all about second chances!

Diorskin Nude BB Creme in the shade 001.  I bloomin' L-O-V-E this stuff!  Much hyped and deservedly so.  I would describe this as medium coverage which is more than the usual BB offerings and has more of a matte finish but buffed in with fingers this gives a flawless skin-like glow. 

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation in the shade Bone.  Is another throwback to an oldie but a goodie.  Medium to full coverage without feeling heavy or looking cakey.  One I reach for when I need my makeup to stay put all day or for special events/occasions when I want to celebrate, enjoy being with friends/family etc. and not worrying that my makeup has moved.

2 comments :

  1. I've yet to try the Creme de la Mer tint! I must get a sample at least this weekend. Can't find any foundation I like at the moment. Xo

    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find any foundation I love at the moment. Must get a sample at least of the Creme de la Mer tint this weekend. Xo

    www.thepharmersjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations