Back to Old Bases

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review, Photos and Swatches
I've mentioned it briefly before on LLA but while I love trying new products and trialling new bases, I often find myself going back to one in particular - Estée Lauder Double Wear.  I used to wear this almost daily a few years ago when I favoured a matte finish.  While I'm all about getting the glow these days, especially now that my skin is better behaved and drier during the colder months, I still find myself reaching for this old favourite.

An oldie but a goodie.  I recently picked up a new bottle in the shade Bone.  My go-to base when I need to know that I can slap it on (technical term) and it will still be in place several hours later.  For nights out, or events like weddings when I know I'll be out all day and won't have time to or won't want to have to worry about reapplying my make up.  With this mostly matte, medium to full foundation, you can rest assured that this will hang around after a glass (or several) of champagne.  I bought a new bottle of this ahead of a wedding I was attending and this saw me through the whole day, night and early hours of the next morning!  Bone is the perfect colour match for my pale skin.  Two drops for my whole face, buffed in with my beloved MAC 188 brush, this offers coverage that does not budge!  While wear time is ridiculously impressive.  While it has a thick consistency, it is blendable , never looks cakey or dry and imparts a natural skin-like finish.  

If you travel a lot, the heavy glass bottle may be impractical and I really wish is that it came with a pump but Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation officially takes the crown for my humid weather, special occasions, long days and nights out party pick.

2 comments :

  1. I bought my first bottle of this a month ago & I honestly don't know why it took so long to try it, it's perfect! I bought the MAC foundation pump & it fits the bottle perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never tried this foundation, I see so many rave reviews about it then always manage to spend my money on everything else instead, I will get a sample of this soon - I need it!

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations