Autumn Beauty Brief

Saturday, 31 October 2015

Autumn Skincare Routine



















When it comes to Autumn/Winter, I don't tend to switch things up that radically but I do make a few minor tweaks and have some seasonal skincare and beauty favourites that I add to my established routine.

First I swap up neutral tones for something a bit darker and seasonal.  It's all about the berry, burnished and burgundy shades.  For lips, I've been loving MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave, that could still pass as a "my lips but better shade" but has a warmer, deeper mauve-y pink hue.  For nails, one of my HG,  as soon as the weather gets cooler I love lacquering up with the dark, vampy Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Rouge Noir.  Shopping my stash led me to rediscover my love for Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine.  Not very seasonal, as I wear this Summer long but I've been reaching for this daily to give my skin a lift.

Oils and serums play a huge part in my skincare routine year round but particularly come into play once the weather gets cooler and the central heather gets amped up.  The Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial is a treat to use whilst leaving my skin smooth, soft and intensely hydrated.  Dull, dry skin begone and hello a radiant complexion come sunrise.

With the Autumn chill well and truly upon us, hand cream is a vital inclusion to my Autumn/Winter beauty checklist.  Hand cream was something I used to neglect as my hands don't tend to get overly dry but as hands are one of the first places to show signs of ageing, I've been using one religiously as a preventative measure.  The Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream is divine.  It is incredibly nourishing and leaves my hands feeling super soft yet is quickly absorbed so doesn't leave any greasy residue behind.  Clarins manage to nail the scent too.

Lip balm is something I'll never be without as I can be prone to dry chapped lips.  Luckily I've found The One(s).  Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm is one another HG product for me.  Softening upon application, this rich yet silky balm is easily absorbed and leaves my lips feeling instantly soothed.

3 comments :

  1. Obsessed with Sarah Chapman at the moment!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Clarins hand cream as well, it's amazing. I must add Brave to my Mac stash, not sure how I missed it!


    www.thepharmersjournal.com



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations