Shower Staples

Monday, 28 September 2015

what's in my shower?
Taking a break from the usual skincare and beauty hauls and reviews today.  In today's post, I'm swapping neutral nails, blemish battling and skincare stockpiling for the products that make up my in-shower staples.  Not a full What's In My Shower but some of the products that I've been loving lately.

First up body wash.  Molton Brown Warming Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Therapy I know, I know, I gave myself a long hard look in the mirror and a good talking to because I'm paying extra for something that goes down the drain literally.  This is just what's needed when you're trying to drag yourself out of bed at a stupidly early hour and into the shower.  It's really fresh, invigorating and wakes you up and all that before your venti coffee :)  As this can also be used in the bath, with the warming eucalyptus I think this is great for when I'm feeling a bit ill and sniffley.  With a thicker consistency than cheaper offerings, I find that it lathers up and stays on the skin well so you use less. Skin is left feeling soft and super clean.  And did I mention the smell?  The corner-stone of a good shower gel, no?

After splurging on the above mentioned body wash, I'm practically making money saving on scrub with the St. Ives Apricot Body Scrub.  While I don't use manual scrubs on my face when it comes to my body, I like to use a gritty exfoliator.  The grains in this are large so they really stick to the skin. It thoroughly exfoliates, buffing away dead skin cells and smooths rough skin without leaving a greasy residue behind.This works really well and even better, it's cheap as chips!  One of my best budget beauty buys.  Gotta love those Boots loyalty points!

Post shower I slather on a generous layer of the Kiehl's Creme de Corps Lightweight Body Lotion.  This is HG for me and when Winter really kicks in and my skin is typically drier, I love the original thicker body cream and Soy Milk and Honey body butter.  The body lotion is non fragranced, no fuss, I slather this on before bed and it banishes dry patches leaving my skin silky smooth and soft. This leaves my skin feeling so unbelievably soft yet it is absorbed quickly as it is a lightweight lotion it so does not leave any residue behind.  And it smells divine.  

2 comments :

  1. I really need to get me some Khiels Creme de Corps. I feel like everyone in the universe has tried Khiels and I've been left out. Sobs ;-)
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MB shower gel is my go to when I'm not feeling 100%!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations