I Went Back To MAC

Thursday, 20 August 2015

MAC Makeup Haul
Sorry if the title of this post is misleading, I didn't avail of the "Back to MAC" scheme, although I do keep meaning to build up the empties and do that!  I haven't really used MAC makeup for a long time. I love, love, LOVE their lipsticks but other brands like Charlotte Tilbury and Tom Ford got my attention and my bank balance and have kept me away.  Until now, that is.

I went in with the sole intention of buying MAC Brave lipstick after seeing Tijan wearing it in a recent video.  I thought it would be very brown toned and although it looks dark in this picture it pulls a lot more pinkish/nude.  Ever so slightly like the shade Syrup on me.  A satin finish so while it doesn't have a best longevity, it is comfortable to wear.  Another MLBB contender.

While in MAC, I picked up another Blot Powder in the shade Light.  I've used this before and forgot how much I liked it.  I don’t know why I didn’t buy this again sooner.  One I reach for for day-time oil control.  It is keeps shine at bay but doesn’t add colour or look cakey. I’ve been using this with tinted moisturisers to etch out their lasting power on me.

Have you gone back to MAC?

6 comments :

  1. I was actually thinking that I've not been back to MAC for ages this morning, It seems like forever since I went and had a splurge

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these products look interesting :) so guess where I'm going tomorrow! :)

    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these products look interesting :) so guess where I'm going tomorrow! :)

    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a bit of MAC!! Brave is still on my wishlist-it's a little hard to track down in Dubai!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle saw Tijans video too. The colour is amazing. I'm going to get it too. Although on a bit of a spending ban...fir the month! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. both products look great :) i must admit i am a bit obsessed with mac lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations