Luxe Lip Balms

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

High End Lip Balms from Chanel, Omorovicza & By Terry Paris
Those of you who have read LLA for a long time (thank you!) will know that when it comes to lip balm, for me the By Terry Baume de Rose, closely followed by the more recently discovered Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm are holy grail.  But I never said we were exclusive, so when they launched their Summer 2015 collection, I knew that the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Hydrating Lip Balm #10 was something I had, yes had to pick up.

The By Terry Baume de Rose was HG for the longest time, that I almost felt guilty using anything else. Much hyped and deservedly so.  With SPF 15, a light rose scent, nice luxe packaging, this is housed in a thick glass pot with a generous amount of product.  A thick consistency but not sticky in the slightest. It has earned its place in my heart and in my stash, you hear that purse? because it leaves lips silky soft.  This leaves the lips a light wash of pink colour.

The Omorovicza offering transformed my lips from looking chapped to healthy and revived. The texture of this is perfect.  It appears to be solid but is a thick yet soft balm that melts into your lips. What I love about this is that unlike others, it doesn't feel like it's just sitting on top of my lips.  It really feels like it's absorbed and really working deep down to nourish, hydrate, soften and smooth. I mostly wear it alone, often overnight as a nourishing treatment but it creates a lasting base for any lipstick too.

Chanel's lip balm was raved about here so I won't go on about it too much but I love this for chucking into my bag and wearing as an everyday lip balm.  You know what?  I think that these three combined meet all of my lip balm needs.  Bold statement, I know but I don't think I'll ever need another.  (For now!  Famous last words! Special mention for La Mer's offering!)

2 comments :

  1. I love the By Terry. I have the original at home and a tinted version for my handbag. I'll have to take a look at the Omorovicza, sounds beautiful x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lip products like these but I have to say, after trying high end, low and and inbetween I've falled hard for NUXE reve de miel, I can't imagine my life without it now.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations