Chanel Autumn 2015 Collection

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Chanel Fall 2015 Makeup Collection
Too soon to mention the word Autumn?  Probably, but I love, love love all things Autumnal - cosy nights in, candles lighting, soft knitwear and hot chocolate.  Being the Chanel nail polish devotee that I am as you can see here (I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed!) I was super excited for the launch of Chanel's new Autumn 2015 collection and as soon as they landed on counter, I made a lunch time dash to the store and picked up two new polishes

The first colour I bought was Chanel Ecorce Sanguine because I need more red hues!  Is there anything more chic than a classic rouge?  This is a creamy, warm red shade.  I definitely think that the formula has been improving with each collection but on me personally, I find that it isn't too gloopy or streaky.  I typically apply two coats and I get a full opaque finish.  They dry down to a high shine and lasting power is impressive too.  I use a base and top coat and can go several days without tip wear.  

The second addition to my every growing collection was Chanel Chataigne  This is another warm toned polish with a creamy finish.  Described as a blackened burgundy, I thought/hoped it would be like Chanel Accessoire but I'm disappointed to find that on me it's a straight up black.  A warm black but black none the less.  I rarely wear black polish as I don't think it goes with my pale skin.  Although, I only applied two coats so maybe if I try three...

Chanel always bring out beautiful shades, in classic packaging and with the exception of one or two, the formula and coverage are impressive too.

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love the Chanel colours, they have the most beautiful nudey brown shade which I'm desperate to pick up. I love these two colours you've picked up, perfect for Autumn/Winter.

    Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I do love a red - do you remember Lotus Rouge! It was and prob is my all time fav nail colour! Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations