The Ugly Shoe

Friday, 14 August 2015

OOTD feat. Birkenstock Arizona Sandal
Talking about style ahem rather than skincare in today's post with the latest addition to my shoe collection.  Yes, yes I did!  I went and joined the ugly shoe club with the purchase of the Birkenstock Arizona Sandals.  These definitely divide opinions but after being undecided for so long, I thought I'd embrace these not very pretty but oh so darn comfy shoes.

I picked up these in white for summer and have been loving wearing them with ripped blue skinny jeans and a white floaty, gypsy style top from Topshop.  I think with these the key is to wear them with perhaps prettier, less shapeless pieces.  And yes, here comes the science grandma part, because they are moulded to the shape of your foot, they offer support and are super comfortable.

It's a winner for me!  I was at a wedding recently and I wore beautiful but ridiculously high court shoes all day and night so right now, I'm ALL about the comfort!  What do you think? Love 'em or hate 'em?

5 comments :

  1. I didn't know they mould to your feet? That is pretty impressive because I struggle getting shoes not to destroy my feet.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the "ugly" shoe. I have the same in tan suede. And I'm unashamed lols.
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these shoes are gorgeous! The white is definitely prettier than the black in my opinion. I can imagine they look great paired with your ripped blue skinny jeans. Great post lovely x

    clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! So much so that I have a pair in white and black!! they're sooooo comfy! Yay for fugly footwear!

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations