The Weekend Face

Saturday, 11 July 2015

Casual Makeup Routine

Today's post is a run through of the make up I've been reaching for recently.  I've rekindled my love for some old favourites that have have been rediscovered for my weekend make up menu:

For base the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation provides enough long lasting coverage while still feeling light.  It gives a flawless skin like finish when buffed in with my fingers. Covering without being cakey and because of its longevity, as it is extremely long lasting means I can skip powder completely. 

For blush, with its peach hue, the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper is my fail-safe option, never looking muddy or flat.  A beauty buff favourite, this is a pretty peach with a hint of warm shimmer.

Probably too matchy matchy but for lip colour, I've been wearing NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Belle du Jour a warm peached toned nude.  Highly pigmented, opaque in one swipe. This glides on smoothly and is comfortable to wear, with none of the tugging you can get with some matte lip products.

It could be the recent heatwave, maybe the heat has gone to my head but I have rekindled my love for powder eye shadow recently (those By Terry Ombre Blackstars have me ruined!) I've been wearing the Chanel Les Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eye Shadow in #234 Po├ęsie.

Lastly, to finish my look, while I don't love it as much as the original version but for mascara, I've been using Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant Mascara.  Where it lacks in holding a curl it makes up for in providing serious volume.  I only need one coat of this for full lengthened lashes.  

4 comments :

  1. You've inspired me to get my LM blush out again! It's so pretty xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blusher looks gorgeous my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk. I've tried Luminous Silk in store once and I wasn't that impressed. Have you tried both?
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous look... that peach shade looks so pretty!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations