The Glow Givers

Thursday, 30 July 2015

Powder Highlighters by Chanel & Hourglass
With skin that's on the oily side, especially during the warmer Summer months, I don't really find myself reaching for highlighters when it comes to make up.  I'm usually trying to combat and tone done my natural highlight i.e. shine!  But recently I've been enjoying using products like this one, that work by giving a subtle glow...

To impart and illuminating sheen rather than down right shine, I've been reaching for two powder products.  Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour in Mariniere #1 is definitely not something I need but look at it, just look.  Is that not a thing of peach toned healthy glow giving beauty?  This is an ultra finely milled, sheer powder with an almost satin finish.  I've been wearing this over setting powder to give some luminosity and radiance to my skin.  This gives my  pale skin that elusive natural, "lit from within", ethereal, healthy flush of colour.  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion is a gorgeous pretty peach shade, with an ever so slight golden sheen.  It is neither too shimmery or sparkly.  It is so finely milled, that it blends seamlessly over the cheeks this gives a beautiful radiant, result.  I apply this over my cheeks, up towards my temples.  It never looks muddy or flat.  With a light sweep of colour, I use this to highlight and add colour.

Two beautiful, buttery soft, smooth powders that stop my skin looking dull and grey - i.e. fulfil all of my day-time highlighting requirements.

4 comments :

  1. I still need to try the Hourglass blushes, I have the powder and bronzer so don't know whats taking me so long to try the blush! Love the shade of Dim Infusion!

    Jo | A Little Pop Of Coral

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Chanel summer compact! Both the colours are gorgeous, but I went for the No2 one, with more brown in, than pink :) I don't want ot use it though, as it is super pretty! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariniere #1 is a favourite of mine too. I haven't tried Dim Infusion but the Hourglass blushes in general are just stunning x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations