Makeup That Doesn't Move

Thursday, 9 July 2015

Budge proof makeup


















Following on from last Sunday's post, while I have been loving the warmer weather, (I've sat in the garden with a stack of magazines and ALL of the nice Summer salads and iced coffee - bliss!)  My oily, acne prone skin has not!  My skin is happiest during the colder Winter months when it gets a little drier!  To keep things looking glowy rather than sweaty especially during rush hour commutes, here are the budge proof products I've added to my makeup menu:

To combat my oily t-zone, I've been starting with a sample of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer this is oil free and provides a smooth non siliconey almost matte base for make up.  It glides on seamlessly and I find that my foundation looks and lasts better when I use this first, no blotting required. I like that it contains an SPF too.

As much as I love the Luminous Silk during the warmer weather the Armani Lasting Silk Foundation is the only one for me.  This is the matte base which is buildable fuller coverage. While not as dewy as the Luminous Silk it still offers a natural non cakey finish.  If we are talking oil control, a concealer with serious lasting power raved about here is the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer.  This stuff not only camouflages minor and not so minor bad boy imperfections but it does not budge! 

Lasting I've been setting it all with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light too keep things looking dewy rather than downright oily.  It takes down redness, shine and sets my foundation while providing a subtle flawless finish.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations