MAC x Giambattista Valli Lipsticks Review

Monday, 20 July 2015

MAC x Gimabattista Valli Lipsticks Review Swatches & Photos
MAC x Gimabattista Valli Lipstick




























To be honest, I never really rush to buy from new MAC Collections any more.  I'm usually ALL OVER collections from other brands that contain my beloved neutrals!  I know, I know, always late to the party me!  But there had been so much hype surrounding Giambattista Valli's partnership with MAC, which sold out almost immediately, so on a whim, I ordered and was lucky enough to get my hands on two shades from the MAC x Giambattista Valli Collection.

As if I need any more lipsticks and I'm as shocked as you are that I didn't go for the peach toned shade Margherita in the end. but the shades Charlotte and Eugenie from the collection of six mattes caught my eye and made me look forward to Autumn/Winter dressing and make up!  Gimme all of the dark berry shades!  Charlotte is a rich red and Eugenie is a deep cherry colour.  One me, it pulls more plum. One I hope I can muster up enough courage to wear, you know, outside of the house... MAC Rebel and Syrup and the only similar colours I own so I definitely don't have a dupe for it. (Excuse the arm swatches!) MAC lipsticks never disappoint and these are no exception.  They are highly pigmented and opaque in one swipe.  The formula applies easily without any tugging and as they are mattes, they withstand several hours of wear, including eating and drinking.  I have quite a number of MAC mattes in my lipstick collection and some I find more drying that others.  Of these two, I find that Charlotte is more comfortable to wear.

I'm a sucker for limited edition packing so I really like how the bullet matches the shade.  Did you pick up anything from this collection?

2 comments :

  1. I love the packaging. Sad this is sold out! I'd love to get a lipstick.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! such rich, beautiful colours. they'll be lovely to wear in the autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations