Jo Malone Vanilla Anise

Monday, 29 June 2015

Jo Malone Vanilla Anise

















Probably not the most timely of posts or the most Summer appropriate scent but I recently found myself at a Jo Malone counter (of course I did, I only ran out to grab lunch!) and bought another one of their perfumes.  I picked up the Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise fragrance.

You'll know from past perfume posts that I am hopeless at describing scents so if you are near a Jo Malone store, I urge you to go and give this a sniff.  I love vanilla scents like this one but am not a fan of fennel or anise but this won me over.  It was love at first spritz.  It is sweet but not overly sweet and sickly.  I promise you, even my untrained nose can guarantee that you will not smell of Sambuca (eew) and that no one is going to turn around to you in the office and ask where the cookies are!  I get compliments each time I wear this.  A subtle clean yet inviting warm fragrance, the addition of anise makes it richer, stops it from becoming overly floral and more musky.

This lasts about four hours on me.  I adore this worn alone or layered.  Probably not one it typically pairs with but I've been wearing this with the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt cologne as a base and really like this combination on me.  

3 comments :

  1. I seem to be having a vanilla thing at the moment! I was in a Jo Malone store the other day and has my first sniff of wood sage & sea salt and OMG I fell in love! Didn't spot the vanilla one so will keep the eyes peeled next time :-)

    Amanda | www.mrsdloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jo Malone but haven't smelt this fragrance, I'll have to give it a go next time I'm in the store :) x

    Georgina | Rent or Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like it too. Don't think it suits me though! Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations