Pre Slumber Steps

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Steps for a good nights sleep














Too many late nights spent binge watching episodes of Scandal and a few days off work where I went out past 9pm!!!  And also enjoyed (glorious) lie-ins have mean't that my sleep pattern has been all over the place.  So today I've rounded up the products that I've found help me nod off as soon as my head hits the pillow so that now that I'm back in work, the dreaded 5.30am alarm isn't as daunting...

First up a long, hot, relaxing shower with some pampering products.  I'm currently using the Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Hand & Body Wash.  This smells amazing, stress, aches, back to work fear just floats away.  After cleansing my face while in the shower, I then complete my Evening Skincare Routine which I find incredibly restful and helps me switch off.

The next step to help me get into slumber mode is to make myself a hot drink.  I love the Whittard Organic Calm Tea which has camomile, fennel and marshmallow.  It doesn't have the typical herbal tea taste.  Probably due to the addition of marshmallow, this tastes delicious and helps me wind down.  

Once in bed, I then spray a generous amount of the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray on my pillowcase and bed sheets.  I panic when I run out of this, a constant on my bed side table!  Packed with snooze inducing essential oils like lavender and vetivert, this has a soothing and calming scent which helps me get some serious shut-eye.  

To up moisture levels while I snooze, I slather on some Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream. This rich cream is easily absorbed, it never feels sticky or greasy.  It leaves my hands feeling and looking soft and smooth.  Lastly, I swipe on a generous layer of the Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm and wake up to seriously smooth and soft lips.

Part placebo effect I'm sure but bed time routine completed, it's time to drink my tea and read a few chapters of my book before catching some much needed Zzz.

2 comments :

  1. Oh the tea smells devine. Love the pillow spray...
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried the Clarins hand cream but I feel like they would do a good one. They are just a reassuring brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations