Blemish Blurring Powders

Friday, 8 May 2015

Oil Control Powders

As I'm cursed blessed with skin that can be anything from combination/oily to down right oily during Summer (yay!) setting powders play a large part in my make up routine.   I'm always on the search that elusive finishing powder to set my make up without a hint of heaviness. For my skin, I need something that can set without looking cakey, dull or flat. Here are my favourites:

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light this shade is a soft warm pale yellow. This complexion correcting powder has such a finely milled formula that it never looks heavy. Highlighting in all the right places without looking shimmery.  I sweep a light dusting of this sheer glow giving powder all over my face with my MAC 150 brush and it takes down redness, shine and sets my foundation while providing a subtle flawless finish.

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder I shudder to think how many times I've repurchased this and don't know what I did without it.  Initially I didn't think it would work with my oily skin but somehow it does!  It applies colour less, so no white cast.  When I wear this, my skin feels smooth and this controls oil like no other.  I use this in the morning to set my make up, it gives a natural finish, almost blurring blemishes and it lasts literally ALL day.  
MAC Blot Powder in Light is much loved and one I reach for during warmer weather when I need heavy duty oil control or when I'm wearing a glow giving base with more slip.  It keeps my make up looking matte and oil free while managing to still look natural and add radiance.  It is almost invisible on the skin and most importantly never looks dry.  

Glowing rather than oily skin? Sorted.

4 comments :

  1. I really need to Bryan Hourglass powder. So so pretty
    Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh that By Terry powder sounds lovely! The Hourglass ones are seriously great, too.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have combination skin too and it's so difficult trying to find a powder that lasts all day! I really like the sound of the By Terry powder, definitely want to give this a try x

    www.rentorchanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried or even heard of any of these before but I've been on the hunt for a new powder so might have to give these a go!

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations