NARS for Newbies

Monday, 18 May 2015

NARS Lipstick Collection
Make no mistake, I would be lost without my Radiant Creamy Concealer, or maybe not lost but definitely looking extremely dark and baggy eyed.  And speaking of eyes, the Dual Intensity Eye Shadows are some of my favourites.  But my first introduction to NARS was with their lipsticks. Heatwave, I'm looking at you .  So today's post is a run through of some of my favourite NARS products - the lipstick edition.  In case you need some inspiration for your next lip product purchase...

First up, my beloved NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils Belle du Jour is a warm nude, very similar to MAC Shy Girl and Dragon Girl is a gorgeous blue toned classic cherry red colour.  I love the formula of these.  The name Velvet Matte is apt as these apply so nicely. They go on smoothly, without any tugging that you find with some matte lip products.  They are highly pigmented and opaque with one swipe.  While not moisturising or creamy, they are comfortable to wear and not drying at all.

The start of a beautiful relationship was with the purchase of NARS Barbarella.  My first lipstick from the brand, so it holds a special place in my heart.  It is a true peach shade - quelle surprise! A creamy satin finish.  Silky to apply and feels comfortable to wear so I don't have to worry about my lips being dry.  The only downside is that, as these are quite sheer, this doesn't last long on me, I get maybe an hour or two but it is so fuss free and easy to reapply, no faffing about with a mirror or lip brush etc.

Oh NARS, how you've ruined me but I heart you so!  I need, yes need, more shades next!

3 comments :

  1. Dragon Girl looks stunning!! I love the Nars pencils xx
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried NARS lip products. I'm honestly still fairly hung up on the base products NARS do so I haven't had the itch to try any of their lippies... I think that Dragon Girl will definitely be a first purchase for me. You can never go wrong with a gorgeous red!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried a NARS lip product, I also really want to try their foundation.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations