A Lighter Look?

Monday, 4 May 2015

NARS & Laura Mercier Reviews
















I'm nothing if not consistent.  I cannot stray from my preferred peach toned shades for too long. Recent high-end skincare hauls like this one have seen me shopping my stash when it comes to make up and I have recently rediscovered my love for lighter hued products like these;

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Belle du Jour  this is one I love for work and day time, you know, while I practise wearing brighters colours outside of the house, Belle Du Jour which is a warm nude, very similar to MAC Shy Girl.  I really, no REALLY love the formula of these.  The name Velvet Matte is apt as these apply so nicely. They go on smoothly, without any tugging that you find with some matte lip products. They are highly pigmented and opaque with one swipe.  While not moisturising or creamy, they are comfortable to wear and not drying at all as I can suffer with dry lips.

I'm not above being too matchy matchy so the blush I've been pairing this with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper.  Remember this?  I'm still mourning the fact that everyone raved about the shade Lush Nectarine but that didn't work with my fair skin at all!  Peach Whisper, the beauty buff favourite is a pretty peach with a hint of warm shimmer.  Not the most pigmented but buildable and blendable.  With its peach hue, this is my fail-safe option, never looking muddy or flat.

What are your old favourites?  I've really been enjoying wearing this during the last few weeks.  Maybe this self imposed new make up buying ban isn't so bad after all...

2 comments :

  1. I'm really dying to try the Nars Pencils, every time I read a post including them I'm asking myself why I haven't bought one yet! Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shades of these! nars just get it so right with these pencils, the shades are gorgeous and their lasting power never fails to amaze me. i also love this blush, such a pretty colour xx

    jordaneyasmin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations