A Lighter Lip?

Friday, 10 April 2015

Top Lipstick Shades for Spring


















I've put away the heavier, matte, reds and plum colours like these, shoving NARS Dragon Girl and MAC Rebel to one side and have been embracing a lighter lip.  Today's post is a round up of the lighter toned lipsticks shades I've been loving wearing throughout Spring.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Interlude is one that offers a sheerer wash of colour.  An easy purchase for me, there was no deliberation.  I got paid, I swatched, I purchased.  I love the almost tinted balm formula of these the Rouge Coco Shines, sheer adding a light wash of pinkish peach colour.  Glossy without slipping or being sticky and super hydrating and mosturising to wear.

NARS Barbarella  is a true peach shade - quelle surprise! A creamy satin finish.  Silky to apply and feels comfortable to wear so I don't have to worry about my lips being dry.  What I love about these MLBB contenders is that they are fuss free and easy to reapply, no faffing about with a mirror or lip brush etc.

MAC Syrup is probably the least seasonal of this line up but it's more on the pink side of plum. MAC describe this as a dusty pink.  In the bullet it looks dark but I find that it is more mauve-y, very similar to Plumful only slightly more cool toned and less well plum... Comfortable to wear and goes with every make up look.  

Tom Ford Lip Colour Shine Frolic lighter in colour and texture this has been bringing the sheer wash of moisturising colour with a beautiful peachy hue.  A my lips but eh peachier option?  It was only a matter of time before I returned to my preferred peach toned pout.

2 comments :

  1. I need to get Syrup ASAP. It's following me around two weeks. You know when you've never heard of something. Then you do and you hear about it everyday!
    Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the universe's way of telling you to try it :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations