Biologique Recherché Skincare Haul

Monday, 27 April 2015

Biologique Recherché Masque Vivant & Masque VIP 02 Review














Often, I worry about the quality of my skincare posts because I don't always try the latest products. When it comes to skincare, I stick mostly to what I know works.  For me, for over two years now when it comes to toning/exfoliating, I've been choosing chemical exfoliants over physical ones and have been loyal to my beloved, HG Biologique Recherché Lotion P50. And it was while I was repurchasing that, that this mask x 2 purchase happened...

The first one I picked up was the Biologique Recherché Masque Vivant.  I have had samples of this in the past and found that it worked really well with my skin type so thought it was about time I forked out and bought the full size.  This is a balancing face mask that I reach for when my skin is feeling (and looking! TMI?) oily or congested.  This contains yeast and clay to purify but also has exfoliating benefits from the addition of lactic acid which is the key ingredient of the cult lotion P50.  This mask also contains soothing and calming cucumber and glycerin.  Unlike other refining masks, I love how this makes my skin feel smoother and softer without stripping my skin and leaving it feeling tight or dry.  Following BR's recommendations, I apply this to clean, dry skin after using the P50 lotion.  A word of warning, this stuff reeks!  It has a sticky thick brown texture and I can only describe it (somewhat politely) as smelling of marmite!!!  Thank goodness it works!

An equally effective but thankfully much less offensive smelling mask is the Biologique Recherché Masque Vip 02 which is the second mask I went for.  This is for dull, stressed skin. Therefore mine!  This is one I've been reaching for when my skin is looking a bit "meh."  When it's feeling slightly sensitive and showing the signs of too many late nights spent up binge watching Scandal!  I've been alternating the two masks and even sometimes mixing a bit of both.  This is hydrating and revitalising and one I've been using when my skin needs a pick me up and something with a little more oompf!

The Biologique Recherché Masque Vivant is €44 and the Biologique Recherché Masque Vip 02 is €91.  Not, the easiest to get a hold of, here in Dublin I buy my Biologique Recherché products from Sanctum Clinic and Vedas Beauty.  

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations