The Best From A Lip Balm Line Up

Friday, 3 April 2015

A round up of the best lip balms featuring Omorovicza, By Terry and Zelens
When it comes to beauty, nail polish (neutral toned) and lip balm are probably the things I (re)purchase most.  Boring but true!  Or at least that's what a quick review of my Space NK spending habits tells me!  Being the product floozy that I am, I have tried them all, you name it, I've trialled it but the three on current rotation are:

Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm - this lip balm has a sheer rose tinted pink shade.  It doesn't impart any colour but leaves lips with a glossy finish.  I haven't noticed any significant plumping but it has transformed my lips from looking and feeling chapped to healthy and revived. The texture of this is perfect.  It appears to be solid and thick yet it turns into a soft balm that melts into your lips.  Not sticky or oily in the slightest.  

By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm - the HG.  What I love about this is that unlike others, it doesn't feel like it's just sitting on top of my lips.  It really feels like it's absorbed and really working deep down to nourish, hydrate, soften and smooth. I've mostly been slathering this on since I bought it and wearing it alone but it creates a lasting base for any lipstick too.

Zelens The Balm - Zelens' offering is a recent discovery but has been a saviour, sorting out dry, chapped, Winter parched lips.  It is a thinner consistency compared to others I have tried yet still  manages to provide instant relief while also delivering long lasting hydration.  I pop some on before bed as a nourishing treatment as it has a slight white cast and come morning my lips feel hydrated and like velvet.  

I can suffer with seriously dry lips especially when the weather is colder but being a fan of more long wearing matte lipsticks, this is not an ideal combo!  I rely on lip balm to keep my lips soft and smooth.  

8 comments :

  1. Oh the ByTerry Baum de Rose! How I want to get that.. but the price - ouch.
    I really love the Dior Rose lip balm that's no longer available in Europe but can still be found in the US, but the Body Shop Aloe one is pretty nice too.

    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the Dior one was no longer available? I used to love that too.

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    I really like your Blog. Interesting Posts! Do you want to support each other and follow via Bloglovin & GFC? That would be so cool and I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am desperate for a decent lip balm so I think I'm gonna get the By Terry baume de rose!

    Love Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the By Terry one Beth :)

      Delete
  4. You have such a nice blog! Keep up a good work! <3

    Maybe you want to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow back right away.
    x
    http://www.spaventaremoda.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh lush picks! I love the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, it's super nourishing and I totally notice if I don't use it.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations