A Spring Scent Selection

Monday, 13 April 2015

A Selection of Spring Scents including Dior, Jo Malone & Serge Lutens

















If I'm honest, I'll happily wear more Winter appropriate, heavier scents year round.  Tom Ford Velvet Orchid I'm looking at you.  But it's nice to mix it up from time to time so I've gone a bit wild and have been spritzing on something a little lighter...

One that has been much loved as you can see by the almost empty bottle is Serge Lutens un Bois Vanille  a warm, more grown up vanilla fragrance.  By that I mean, it isn't headache inducing and doesn't remind me of cupcakes!  Longevity is impressive too as it is an eau de parfum.  I apply this in the morning and the scent lingers all day. I always receive compliments when I wear this. 

One that is new to me Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne perfect for this season!  A refreshing option.  It's woody yet light and salty in equal doses.  To my untrained nose at least, has a clean fresh scent.  A few sprays of this in the morning and the subtle scent is still there hours later.

One that made a liar out of me is Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet I tell anyone who asks (and several who don't!) that I'm not a fan of overly floral scents.  Until now that is.  A fresh floral scent, the addition of white musks and Sicilian orange stops this from being sickenly sweet.

2 comments :

  1. Ah I really must give the Serge Lutens a sniff. Love the other two xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! Maybe more suited for Winter but I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations