Zelens The Balm

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Zelens The Balm



























I don't know what has come over me, I can't stop stockpiling lip balm!  I'm really happy with  my current skincare routine and make up picks so when I found myself in Space NK with N.dulge points about to expire and did not know what to purchase - the answer was lip balm! Apparently... You know when you want to buy something but don't know what and don't exactly need anything?  The latest lip balm added to my collection comes from Zelens, a recent lunch-time dash to Space NK resulted in the purchase of Zelens The Balm.

 would have told anyone who asked and even several people who hadn't asked, that for me, the By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm was holy grail.  As much as neutral peachy/pink toned lipsticks have a special place in my heart, more often than not, especially during the colder months, I find myself slathering on lip balm so sort out dry, chapped, Winter parched lips.  Zelens' offering has been a saviour.  Goodbye dry lips!  It is a thinner consistency compared to others I have tried yet still  manages to provide instant relief while also delivering long lasting hydration.  I use these throughout the day but also at night, I pop some on before bed as a nourishing treatment and come morning my lips feel hydrated and like velvet.  It does leave a slight white cast but it is nothing too obvious and can be rubbed in to impart a nice sheen.  The Balm also works well as a base for lipstick.  

My only teeny tiny gripe is the packaging.  The lightweight, plastic tin feels very cheap for the price you're paying but I suppose it makes it easy to pop in your bag and for travelling.  It is marketing that this multi purpose balm can be used on cuticles or any other dry patches but as it's not exactly a budget buy, I save this one for my lips.

2 comments :

  1. Lip products are like beauty pouches... They're pick me ups! Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that's a good way to look at it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations