I Saw, I Splurged & Now I'm Sorry?

Friday, 13 March 2015

Chanel Primer Review
It's not often I post negative reviews.  (There's been a grand total of 1 before now!)  It's all about positive vibes round these parts.  In all seriousness, if I don't like a product, it just doesn't appear on the blog.  It's no secret that I'm a fan of higher end skincare and makeup so I make sure to do my research before I buy and am rarely disappointed with my purchases.  At the end of the day, I'm only one (fussy, demanding?) person so while something may not work for me, it's probably HG for countless others.

One product I splurged on and think I regret doing so (to the tune of €42) is the Chanel Multi-Use Illuminating Base.  It has no glittery, frosty shimmer in it so sounded perfect to give a natural, radiant, glowing look.  As my skin can be on the oily side, I always use powder over my base but sometimes worry that this can make it look a bit dull or flat so wanted something to give it some oompf.  It is a thin, white lotion that I have used both as a primer and tried mixing it with my foundation too.  It does give a beautiful, illuminated result but I suspect it caused me to break out and my makeup didn't last as long while wearing it.  Perhaps I need to give it another shot, I'm all abut second chances me.  I might try using my normal primer then this, followed by my base?  I'm hesitant, there's a fine line between oily and dewy.  I know, I crossed it.

I love the luxurious Chanel packaging and the frosted glass bottle.  Conveniently this now comes with a more hygienic pump.  Those with better skin, may find this transformative, for now, I'm still on the fence.  I don't think it's an over reaction to weep about this is it?  It's not all bad, I promise, I bought another Chanel product with this, which I LOVE, so you can expect a rave review coming soon!

7 comments :

  1. I had a bottle (pre-pump)... Thought it was good. I saw they have a shimmery illuminating fluid in Brown Thomas' on Wednesday... It's new... Have you tried it? Was thinking of making a splurge... Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that but went for this over it! Maybe I should have gone for that instead!

      Delete
  2. You're not the first to not be positively reviewing this product... when it first came out I was tempted but since hearing it's a bit hit and miss I've decided to not have the splurge.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lots of people love it too, just not me :(

      Delete
  3. Maybe try using this on just the points of your face where you want to be dewy - cheekbones, above the brow - and avoid the T zone? :( Sounds like it's due to skin type. I've heard so many great things about this, too!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try that! Yes, I know lots of people love it :)

      Delete
  4. Somehow, Chanel makeup and skincare just doesn't agree with me that much. I mean is lovely, just nothing groundbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations