By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eye Shadow Stick in Misty Rock

Monday, 30 March 2015

By Terry Ombre Blackstar
By Terry Ombre Blackstar Misty Rock





























So you know my most recent lunch-time dash to Space NK? (I regret nothing!) Well, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush wasn't the only thing to weasel its way into my basket.  I finally gave into the hype and bought one of the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eye Shadow Pencils.  

I plumped for the shade Misty Rock.  Not a shade I would typically go for I went in with the intention of buying Bronze Moon but this colour is beautiful!  (They didn't have Bronze Moon and god forbid, I leave without buying one...) A bronze/taupe hybrid that can look quite mauve-like on me in some lights.  I think it would look good on most skin tones.  I'm not the best with it comes to eye shadow application, that's why I love the ease of these twist up, thick eye shadow pencils.  Crayons for grown ups if you will!  Foolproof, easily swept over the lid and blended out with a MAC 217 brush or indeed my finger for a sheer wash of shimmer or smudged around the lash line for a more opaque look.  This is very creamy, it glides on effortlessly.  While it doesn't crease too badly, it does start to disappear from the lid after a couple of hours but I expected that with my combination/oily skin and it fades nice and evenly and still leaves me with a nice wash of colour.  I need to repurchase my Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion which I hope will eek it out a bit so it is more of a longwearer.

Expensive, as you'd expect from By Terry but for the formula alone, I think that they are worth it.  It's dawned on me that for someone who claims she's not much of an eye shadow wearer, I have a worrying number of these types of pencils.  The By Terry Ombre Blackstar is currently at the top of my cream eye shadow stick chart!

2 comments :

  1. I've heard so much about these. I'm a huge fan of eye crayons, will defo have a look at the colours when I'm in SpaceNK next. Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen photos of this where it's either mostly bronze or mostly mauve - love that! Then you can play with either side and pull it out with other shadows. Great review.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations