Tom Ford Nail Lacquer Black Jade

Monday, 23 February 2015

























Hopefully you're sitting down?  There's no easy way to say this but I added another nail polish to my collection recently and it isn't beige/greige/taupe!  I know, I'm shocked but I love it!  I bought Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Black Jade when it launched and while it's nothing like the shades I am typically drawn to, I have really been enjoying this colour (actual colour) and have been wearing it non-stop.

Part of their Spring 2015 collection, this isn't the stereotypical pastel hued Spring like shade you may expect.  This is a gorgeous deep, dark, blackened green colour!  The first coat is nothing special.  I was really worried that this would be a less than luxurious shimmery green but once you apply the second coat, that's when the magic happens!  And the magic doesn't end there! This dries quickly to a high-shine glossy opaque finish.  I like the formula of Tom Ford polishes, they apply nice and evenly without any streaks, although the thin brush means that you have to take your time to avoid painting your nails AND your cuticles! Longevity is impressive too.  Maybe it's the base coat I use but aside from some tip wear after a few days, I never really have any issues with nail polishes chipping on me.

I bought this from Brown Thomas.  At €32, it's not the cheapest but I have recently culled my nail polish collection and told myself things like "buy less, but buy better" as I justified paying for it...

5 comments :

  1. Oh love the colour. With you on the 'Buy less- buy better!' Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, I need to try Tom Ford beauty range so bad!

    Love Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations