The Beauty Repurchases

Wednesday, 11 February 2015

space nk haul

As much as I love trying new products there are some that will forever be in my heart and my eh skincare stash. You hear that purse?  As is always the way, they typically all run out at once so off to Space NK in Harvey Nichols I went and re-stocked.

The first thing I repurchased was the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion it’s not always a softly softly, gentle approach over here.  Sometimes along comes one of those blemishes that needs something stronger.  I'm talking those painful, hormonal, under the skin kind of blemish.  For those bad boys, I use a tiny bit of the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.  Word of warning, only use this on individual blemish, as the name suggests, this is extremely drying! 

One of my best discoveries of 2014 was the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel.  I have raved about it several times chez LLA, repurchased it and rarely a day goes by that I don't use this to cleanse.  I won't bore you by banging on about it too much again but the gel has an oily texture unlike anything I have used before.  It melts into the skin and leaves it feeling clean, soft and supple.

Another product that I've mentioned once or 7,3145 times previously is the By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm.  A cult, much hyped product and deservedly so.  For me it's a HG lip balm. (Along with the La Mer and Omorovicza offerings!  There's room in my heart and skincare stash for more than one!)  Wallet wiping but it provides instant relief to dry, chapped lips and delivers long lasting hydration.  

I've long been a fan of Molton Brown Body Washes.  Their Eucalyptus one helped me breathe through last year's Christmas cold!  The Molton Brown Blackpeppercorn Body Wash is new to me. While I'm not exactly chart wheeling out out of bed at 6.00am each morning, it's woody, warming scent makes getting up and getting into that shower a little more appealing. Well, that and the coffee the size of my head I'll have afterwards...

6 comments :

  1. I really love the sound of that Oskia cleansing gel, I'm a bit obsessed with cleansers at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always hesitant to recommend products as everyone's skin is different etc. etc. but I'd say even see if you can get a sample of this. It's so good and I think would work for all skin types :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely gonna try the mario badescu one! Ive heard of the drying lotion but not the buffering one :) great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the Drying Lotion too, I think that works well on blemishes that are already there and the Buffering Lotion I use for those lurking under the skin ones :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to try some of Mario's line! Great reviews :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations