Lip Balm I've Been Lovin'

Thursday, 8 January 2015

















When it comes to lip products, more often than not I'm slathering on the By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm, it's been a holy grail product for me for over two years now, occasionally alternating with another favourite the Crème de la Mer The Lip Balm.  Sure a quick glance at my make up collection and you'll find lipsticks aplenty but more often than not most mornings I'll swipe on nothing more than lip balm.  Over Christmas I wore more dark, bold, lipsticks and stains and since then my lips have been really dry.  So it's time for a lip rehab, I've put aside the classic reds and berry tones and continued to curate my lip balm collection with a purchase of Chanel Rouge Coco Balm lip balm.  

I wanted something that was in a convenient twist up stick rather than the perhaps less hygienic pot. This is handy to just keep in my handbag and reapply throughout the day.  With a sheer formula, this is not as rich and intensely hydrating as others I own so not ideal for an overnight treatment.  I have tried almost every brand and lip balm imaginable and find that some can actually leave my lips drier. For day time, this offering works really well as a lipstick primer.  It glides on, moisturises and softens my lips unlike some balms that feel like they just sit on my lips, while imparting a subtle glossy shine.

While this feels nice on the lips and comfortable to wear.  I this for everyday use but for damage control and long lasting moisturising effects and to soothe parched Winter lips, I'll continue to use the By Terry and La Mer.  I kinda, okay really want to try the Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm next, have any of you tried it?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations