5 Lipstick Loves

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Tom Ford Spanish Pink

















Now that I've sorted my seriously dry Winter parched lips, I've bee re-loving wearing lipstick once more. Today I've cobbled together the five I've been reaching for most...

MAC Plumful the least scary option to ease into dark vampy territory is Plumful is a gorgeous pink toned plum. A lustre finish so it can be worn as a sheer wash of colour or built up.  As it's a lustre finish I get 3/4 hours before I need to reapply but it applies smoothly and fades nice and evenly throughout the day.  Extremely wearable I think this would suit most skin tones.


Tom Ford Spanish Pink I'd dub it as a mid pink toned nude, with a hint of peach and a subtle shimmer.  The shimmer is barley detectable but adds something to it.  Definitely a "my lips but better" contender. Yes, pricey but the formula of these are amazing.  Highly moisturising, glide on and apply softly with a pigmented and long wearing opaque finish. 

MAC Syrup MAC describe this as a dusty pink.  In the bullet it looks dark but I find that it is more mauve-y, very similar to Plumful only slightly more cool toned and less well plum... Comfortable to wear and goes with every make up look.  

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G. lipstick Bitch Perfect this is a soft pink nude with ever so slight brown undertone.  Another your lips but better contender.  If you are a fan of neutral shades like me, you'll love this.  This lipstick has a good colour pay off, neither too heavy nor sheer.  It glides on with ease with a smooth satin finish. 

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl a blue toned classic cherry red.  The name Velvet Matte is apt as these apply so nicely.  They go on smoothly without any tugging that you find with some matte lip products.  They are highly pigmented and opaque with one swipe.  While not moisturising or creamy, they are comfortable to wear and not drying at all.

12 comments :

  1. I really need to get my hands on MAC Syrup - it sounds like the perfect every day shade.

    Emma at Emma's Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Dragon Girl & Bitch Perfect, such classic flattering colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with those NARS lip pencils :)

      Delete
  3. Thank for sharing! Fab reviews. I think I need to just bite the bullet and purchase a Tom Ford lipstick...everyone raves about them! Love these types of posts. I actually just did one very similar with my faves :)

    Love from Australia.
    XO, Pauline

    http://mystyleinstinct.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been loving MAC Syrup lately it's pretty much been my daily lipstick.
    Rosy
    Sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner :)

      Delete
  5. Love this post! I was just about to purchase Nars's velvet matte lip pencil in Dragon Girl, the shade looks so gorgeous! I think it'll defiantly carry me through to spring.

    The Joneses' & Little Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragon Girl and Red Square are both gorgeous red shades :)

      Delete
  6. Love your blog! Your make up is so beautiful. I've recently bought Mac Plumful which is such a nice shade. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations