Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer

Tuesday, 9 December 2014





























I recently repurchased a concealer that has been one of my make up bag staples for over two years now, the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer.  It's a much hyped product and deservedly so, one that has gained HG status and I can't believe I hadn't previously penned a post on it until now...

This is one that I keep on hand for covering blemishes.  This camouflages and corrects like no other. My skin has been relatively well behaved, so I have been able to use less heavy duty products like the ones in this post and I haven't had to reach for it as often but it's a staple that I absolutely have to have in my stash, just in case.  I use the shade SC-1, which I believe is the lightest one.  It comes with two colours in the pan, which makes it easy to custom blend for the perfect colour match.  It is highly opaque and pigmented, so you only need the smallest amount, which is why I haven't needed to repurchase that often.  

I apply this with the Bobbi Brown Concealer brush.  I mix a tiny amount of each shade on the back of my hand, apply to the blemish and then blend it in with my finger.  This stuff not only camouflages minor and not so minor bad boy imperfections but it does not budge!  You could try using this for under eyes if you perhaps mixed it with something more plyable, it's such a stiff/thick product that when I tried, I was left with a dry, cakey mess - and I don't even have dry skin.   

I buy mine from Brown Thomas or on line from Space NK when I've Ndulge points waiting to be spent.

1 comments :

  1. I didn't get on with this at all, found it way too hard to use and just not suited to my skin at all. Really wanted to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations