A Red Lip Round Up

Sunday, 14 December 2014

















My love for lipstick shows now signs of abating.  Today I'm talking about my favourite festive red lipstick shades because no one has previously suggested wearing a rouge lip at Christmas, ahem.  

First up is the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dragon Girl which is a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l blue toned classic cherry red.  I really, no REALLY love the formula of these.  The name Velvet Matte is apt as these apply so nicely.  They go on smoothly without any tugging that you find with some matte lip products.  They are highly pigmented and opaque with one swipe.  While not moisturising or creamy, they are comfortable to wear and not drying at all.

Tom Ford Wild Ginger is a highly pigmented yet comfortable to wear lightweight pick.  The orange/red hue makes my teeth look whiter too!  Creamy, full coverage in one swipe although maybe not one to withstand any moments under the mistletoe...


Not as seasonal as it is a brighter more orange toned red but another option vying to be picked to finish off my festive look is MAC Lady Danger.  This is a matte finish but I don't find this to be as drying as other matte MAC lipsticks I own.  Opaque colour that does not budge, one to withstand Christmas dinner!

If there was ever a time and place for a red lip, Christmas is it!

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful colors! :) love red lipsticks!


    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with MAC Lady Danger oh my!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your blog are great! Maybe want to follow each other? If yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    xoxo
    Http://smellofpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady danger looks amazing :)
    I currently own ruby woo and i really like the matte finish of these lipsticks and I want to get more bold colours to add to my collection.

    Thank you for the recommendations~ Have a lovely day! ♥

    Ying |*Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations