Battle Of The Balms

Monday, 17 November 2014


It's made a liar out of me,  for the last two years I would have told anyone who asked and even several people who hadn't asked that for me, the By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm was holy grail.  I thought it was hands down the best lip balm I had ever tried.  And believe me, I've tried them all!  But because I'm a firm believer in second chances and a bit of a product floozy, I went out and repurchased one I have tried and loved before...

Every winter I get excited because now I can, ahem rock dark lips - Revlon's Black Cherry, Mac's Rebel and the like, but truth be told, I get really dry lips so I usually spend the Winter months slathering on lip balm.   Crème de la Mer's The Lip Balm is painfully expensive but one of the best I've found.  At €58 eeek!  It smells minty, almost tingles on applying and provides instant relief but also delivers long lasting hydration.  

Slightly, just slightly less wallet weeping is the By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm with SPF 15, a light rose scent, nice luxe packaging.  A thick consistency but not sticky in the slightest.  It is very nourishing and lasts several hours so that you don’t need to keep reapplying.  Both work well as a good base under lipstick.  I use these throughout the day but also at night, I pop some on before bed and come morning my lips feel hydrated and like velvet. 

Well, now I'm torn... Surely there's room in my heart and my stash for both?!

2 comments :

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations