The Autumn Edit

Wednesday, 15 October 2014























While I'm a neutral lover at heart and no matter what time of year it is, beauty for me will still be a mostly neutral affair.  I am retiring my bronze and orangey reds for the season and I am looking forward to the colder months so I can wear darker shades once more.  I much prefer Autumn/Winter to Spring/Summer!  As no one has ever previously mentioned plum and berry tones for Autumn, I thought I'd bring you my Autumn edit;

I couldn't compile an Autumn/Winter Edit without a berry lip. *squeezes onto bandwagon*  MAC Plumful has gotten the most wear recently.  Being a neutral lover at heart, for day-time I prefer to blot on bold lip and wear it as a stain. Occasionally being brave an swiping it on directly from the bullet.  A vampy shade that is not as scary as MAC Rebel and sits just on the wearable right side of purple.

Now that the weather has gotten cooler and I'm a lot paler, I have been reaching for the more burnished tones in my stash, for cheeks I've been swapping my peachy/pinks for deeper hues and loving it.  Laura Mercier Plum Radiance has been in heavy rotation.  This blends out beautifully. If you are very pale, this would work wells as a light contour shade too.

Finally, the simplest way to ease into more Autumn appropriate colours is with nails!  The pastel hues of Summer are long gone and Chanel Le Vernis #573 Accessoire is my current favourite.  This is a deep almost red brown, cream shade and I've been lacquering up with this for weeks now.  

All things burnished, berry and burgundy are well and truly covered!  That's makeup sorted, I just now need to sort out my Winter wardrobe.  I have the camel coat of my dreams but the hunt for the perfect boots is now on.  Stay tuned on Twitter for what should be a gripping saga... 

2 comments :

  1. Accessoire has been on my nails a lot the past couple of weeksn.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it? I had forgotten about it and was wearing Rouge Noir but I've been loving it again lately :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations