Oils For Oily Skin?

Friday, 17 October 2014


















A few years ago, I wouldn't have even considered thinking of putting a face oil near my skin, thinking that it would be a recipe for disaster for my already oily skin.  With my skin on the oily side of combination, I would have balked at the idea of using oils, thinking that they would make my acne prone skin worse but I've seen the error of my ways and have been happily slathering on serums and oils ever since. Now I know that they don't make my skin any oilier and most importantly, for me, don't equal breakouts, they are a firm staple in my skincare stash. Today I bring you three that are heavily in rotation;

An oldie but a goodie, Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair II is one such serum that I can't imagine not having in my stash.  It helps take down redness, has vastly improved the texture of my skin and I feel that it keeps any lurking blemishes at bay and those that do pop up heal faster.  I use this at night, after cleansing and toning I apply a generous layer from my neck upwards and wake up to more radiant skin.  The consistency is light so it is easily absorbed.

A recent discovery, for dark spots and old acne scars, I've been turning to the Sunday Riley Artemis Oil.  I love everything I've tried from the brand and this is now exception.  This oil/serum hybrid has been helping to lighten the dark spot of pigmentation left from old acne scarring, has drastically reduced redness and works to keep my skin looking clear - think more dewy, less dreadful, glowy rather than oily.

One that keeps any dry patches or dehydration in check is the Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil.  It is one that is not only a joy to use but truly works and is the latest addition.  This feels luxurious and incredible on the skin and leaves it looking plump and feeling impeccably soft.  I won't go on about this one too much, I have a full review of it here.

With skin-care it can be so difficult to tell which one is giving the best results but for me at the moment, the spotlight is on oils and serums.

1 comments :

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations